Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sandman: The Kindly Ones

Sandman, vol. 9: The Kindly Ones by Neil Gaiman, 352 pages

This is volume 9 of 11 for The Sandman series, and as such, it's hard to say too much about the story without giving stuff away. That said, this one revolves around a scorned woman's search for the Furies (also known as the titular Kindly Ones) in an attempt to seek revenge on Dream. The storyline hops back and forth among several characters, making it sometimes hard to follow, but in the end, it all comes together nicely. One thing that confuses me a bit: the story wraps up quite nicely at the end of this volume, so I'm a bit flummoxed about what volumes 10 and 11 have to offer. I suppose I'll find out soon, right?

One other thing: I've enjoyed the artwork (created by various artists) through much of this series, but I particularly like the work in this one, specifically in the parts dealing with Hippolyta, the aforementioned scorned woman. The bold angles and heavy lines may put some people off, but I thought it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment