Tuesday, March 25, 2014

You Can Date Boys When You’re Forty

You Can Date Boys When You’re Forty by Dave Barry, 224 pages

Dave Barry delivers one of his funniest books ever with this new collection of humorous pieces on various topics, like his family’s trip to Israel, becoming a professional author, and grammar. This is one of a few books that I should not be allowed to read in public, because I laughed hysterically at several points throughout the book and people would have been staring at me like I needed to be committed. I really liked the Air Traveler’s FAQ, which is done in question and answer style for example: “Q. When should I leave for the airport? A. You should already be at the airport.” Dave Barry’s humor relies on mostly everyday topics so many people can relate to the jokes, which is why I think he is so successful at what he does. Nearly anyone who likes humor will like this book.

1 comment:

  1. I hate humor. And smiles. And rainbows. Kittens. Cake. Children. Balloons. Basically all types of music.

    ... okay that just makes it sound like I hate kid's birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete