Saturday, February 28, 2015

Last Unicorn

Cover image for The Last Unicorn by Peter S Beagle, 212 pages



As the title suggest this book is about the last unicorn. Or at least she thinks she is the last. Through the years the rest have all disappeared. Curious as to why, she embarks on a journey to see if she is truly the last and where the others have gone. After consulting with a butterfly she learns that the red bull is responsible.

I read this book for the fantasy month of one of my book groups. I remembered seeing the movie long ago when I was a child, and how much it moved me. It was the first movie that actually scared me and made me feel anything afterwards. While reading the book I got to relive those memories which certainly helped the book along.

For me this book is an emotional gut wrencher. It is so sad and depressing, but very much worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment