Friday, February 27, 2015

Mountains of Madness

Cover image for At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft, 102 pages


Well I have finally done it. I have read some actual Lovecraft. None of this Lovecraftian horror stories or Lovecraftian tales, this is Lovecraft himself. I chose this work of Lovecraft namely because two coworkers recommended it as a starting point.

At the Mountains of Madness is about an expedition that travels to Antarctica to collect geological specimens. But what they find was something not of this earth. And that's all I can really say without giving too much away.

I really loved this book. It has everything you expect from Lovecraftian works. There is the dark building atmosphere. It has weird and unusual things, but not so far out there as to be unbelievable. But what really impresses me the most about Lovecraft's work is how he can make you see the things he is describing.

I would recommend this book to fans of Lovecraftian works and to everyone that likes a goo atmospheric horror story.

No comments:

Post a Comment