Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Bitch in the House

The Bitch in the House: 26 Women Tell the Truth About Sex, Solitude, Work, Motherhood, and Marriage edited by Cathi Hanuer.  292 pages.

I read this years ago, but saw that there is a new collection of essays coming out soon, so I picked this up for a re-read.

This book is a collection of essays by women of all ages talking about marriage, motherhood, and modern life.  There are a wide range of stories, and I found I was nodding my head at some of them (although I couldn't relate to every single story).   The writers share their stories and thoughts on the pressures they sometimes feel, including the pressure to show they can have it all, and handle everything smoothly all the time.

One of the drawbacks to this collection is that most of the essays are from women who are writers by profession, which means that you aren't reading perspectives from women in a lot of different careers, workplaces, etc.  However, I still found the book to be interesting, and if nothing else, made me think.

The new collection, The Bitch is Back, is on order for the library.

1 comment:

  1. By using RentalCars you can discover the best car rental from over 49,000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete