Thursday, July 22, 2021

Broken (in the Best Possible Way)












 Shirley J.                     Adult Non-Fiction                   Mental Illness,   Comedic Takes on Life

Broken (in the Best Possible Way) by Jenny Lawson   304 pages

Jenny Lawson is very open about dealing with her issues with mental illness,  her marriage, her  husband and daughter,  their pets and life in general with all its trials, tribulations and hilarity.   I laughed so much  while reading this book.   She is so delightful in her descriptions of how things happen and how she interprets those happenings.   Her voice is that of a millenial, but, her references are those of a much older soul.  I get her so much it is a joy to read her work.   I can't wait to find more literature by this author.   She is clever, witty, outrageously funny and will have you shaking your head at all the inventive ideas she has.   She can be candid and poignant one minute then say something so off the wall the next.   I love this person!   I highly recommend this book but if you are offended with curse words please be advised.  In her defense she uses said words in such perfection she has brought them to a new level.   Like a perfect note in a Mozart melody, her m.f. bombs are dropped into her conversation so judiciously and with such aplomb I am applauding her precision of language,  Oh my gosh, she is great!   I recommend this book for adults only because of the R rating due to language but her insights are amazing and should be shared by all.  Most excellent book and a favorite.  




No comments:

Post a Comment