Monday, January 31, 2022

My Little Golden Book About Betty White



Shirley J.                   Juvenile Non-Fiction                        Betty White, her work with animals, her life

My Little Golden Book About Betty White by Deborah Hokinson  24 pages

I loved this book.   When I saw it I had to read it.  Who knew a My Little Golden Book about Betty White! How cool is that?  It talks about her life growing up in Illinois with lots of animals and her animal loving parents, her love for husband, Allen Luden, her acting work and her deep love and devotion to animals and animal causes.  She even visited COCO, the signing gorilla and became such great friends that Coco  nicknamed Betty, "Lipstick."   Coco would even ask about her friend, "Lipstick," between their visits.  Such a lovely lady, Betty White.    I recommend this to young, infant even, a wonderful book to read aloud all the way to elderly, who might also like being read to.   Betty's appeal is multi-generational.

No comments:

Post a Comment