Monday, October 31, 2022

Catcher in the Rye

 Shirley J.                          Adult Fiction                           Holden Caulfield says it all

Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger  288 pages

In my quest to go back and read the classics, I picked this book up.  I have wondered what it was about since highschool and found it to be a very pleasing read.   Holden Caulfield, now I know.   What a man of many layers.  An empath on one hand and a manic depressive on the other.   He feels the magnitude of any situation good or bad then boils it down to its infinitesimal point then tries to elucidate on it which can be off putting to others, hence why he doesn't have friends just acquaintances.  He is a complicated guy but an interesting one.  Sometimes his thoughts pour out his mouth which can be very confusing for any one other than him.   He doesn't last long in any of his schools and is constantly changing.   He is most often misunderstood but he is his own undoing.  I did like the story though.  I would recommend this to mature teenagers on up.   Holden is a mental tempest.  The original "beautiful mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment