Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blood Work and Blood Crime

Blood Work and Blood Crime by Kim Harrison, 169 and 166 pages

I didn't find out until I started reading Blood Crime that this was part of a larger series and in fact I was reading the second book in this new graphic novel adaptation. Luckily I found out within the first 30 pages or so and was able to get Blood Work sent to me. I know not every book series has to be read in order but for this one is certainly helped.

Cover image for Blood Work follows the life of a living vampire detective named Ivy Tamwood as she gets paired up with a witch named Rachel Morgan. But the partnership is not everything it seems to be and in fact might be part of a sinister plot

Cover image for Blood Crime continues where Blood Work left off and further develops the partnership of Rachel and Ivy while they hunt down who is trying to kill them.

Both of these graphic novels are well written and illustrated. I enjoyed reading them and when I found out that they are a spin off for a much larger Hallows series I was thrilled. I fully expect I will be reading more of these and parts of the original series in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment