Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Color of Magic

Cover image for The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett, 210 pages

The Color of Magic in a lot of ways reminded me of Asimov’s Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. There were times that I was laughing, rolling my eyes, and times where I just shrugged my shoulders and said why not. The story follows a struggling wizard by the name of Rincewind as he plays tour guide to an insurance salesman from another part of the world named Twoflower. Of course there are also dragons, barbarians, heroes, thieves, assassins, sea monsters, a large turtle, elephants and an unusual trunk that follows them wherever they go. (If you have read the book you know why I included the turtle and elephants in the list.) With that kind of list you can envision the types of adventures Rincewind and Twoflower go on.

The Color of Magic is very fast paced and action packed. It is a quick read that I think most everyone would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment