Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wanna Cook?

Wanna Cook?: The Complete, Unofficial Companion to Breaking Bad by Ensley F. Guffey + K. Dale Koontz, 433 pages

I kept hearing people talk about Breaking Bad, but I didn't start watching it until it was almost over on television. It is as addictive as the meth that is cooked on the show. Seriously. I love Bryan Cranston and he was phenomenal in this series. So of course, when I saw that this companion existed, I had to read it. It is very detailed, with a chapter dedicated to every episode, explaining characters, plot, etc. It outlines things to watch for in the episodes, brings your attention to cinematography and themes, as well as any errors in the episodes. All this, and the authors are very careful not to give away too much for those who might be reading this before actually having seen the episodes. There are a few specific sections that do contain spoilers, but they tell you this up front.
This book is a must-read for anyone who obsessively watched this show and wants a little extra to think about when going back and obsessively re-watching the episodes. Which I might have done. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment