Saturday, May 30, 2020

I Was Anastasia

I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhorn   332 pages

For those unfamiliar with the controversy that surrounded the basis of this novel, this book will be very interesting. It is a bizarre and fascinating story. I found this fictional version entertaining, but it was difficult to follow. 

This novel follows two characters. Anastasia's story is told chronologically from start to finish while Anna's story is told in reverse, making it very difficult to understand where in the story I was and how exactly the two connect. Perhaps I was just waiting too hard for the connection to happen that I was distracted from the story?

Overall, the descriptions and characters were decent and the story line is entertaining. If you have read other books about the Romanovs and know the outcome of this debate (no spoilers), then this book probably isn't for you. 
Posted by:   Regina C.  

No comments:

Post a Comment