Monday, November 20, 2017

Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris 293 pages

Behind Closed Doors"Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.

The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?" - Goodreads

I couldn't  put this book down and finished it in almost one day. I won't say it was an original plot line, but I enjoyed the journey nonetheless. I didn't have as much sympathy for the protagonist as the author might have wanted me to have, she got on my nerves more than once, but I did care what happened to her and her sister. I definitely hated the antagonist, he was everything that readers love to hate. I wish his ending had been even more excruciating just because the author made me hate him so much. The writing was good, a little repetitive in the middle, but good. I liked this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes suspense and psychological thrillers, however I would caution not to expect a new take on the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment