Monday, December 31, 2018

Chi’s Sweet Home Volume 5


Chi’s Sweet Home  Volume 5 by Konami Kanata                Paperback Book:  160 pages                              

Chi’s Sweet Home Volume 5 was a surprise.     The previous 4 books in the series were a lot thicker but his one was only 160 pages which felt like am I missing something?   Are there more than one book of Volume 5?    And didn’t Volume 4 end with Chi moving to France?     No mention of France in this book.    It also is like Chi has amnesia because she doesn’t recognize her old neighborhood stomping grounds nor her old friends from her neighborhood and around the park.    They know Chi.    I of course love all the stories about Chi’s adventures but I feel like Alice down the rabbit hole reading this one, did somebody slip me something to make me grow small so small that I am missing something here?     Did Chi come back home to Japan and in the time she was away forgot her old buddies?    What happened?     And why is this volume so much smaller?    It is not explained why Chi doesn’t recognize Auntie and only toward the end does she recognize her dear friend, Blackie.   I’m hoping I find the answers to these questions along the way but it is really confusing and unclear as to what has happened.    Is this the dream sequence while she is flying to France or what?   Did they decide not to go?   I love Chi, so, I would really like to know the answers to the questions this Volume poses.    I did thoroughly enjoy the book however, and I love Chi more and more but if I could ask the author, I would seriously like to know what happened.    The search is on.   I will let you know what I come up with when I get the next Volume and complete it.     Highly recommend the story for all ages.   Highly curious as to what the author is about in this one.    Maybe the clue is that Chi is laying down and the reader is seeing her from above but it also gives the impression of her being upside down, which is how I feel coming away from this one.    Good stories just trying to figure out where the story picks up from the end of Volume 4.   Having a, “huh?” moment here.

 - Shirley J.

No comments:

Post a Comment