Thursday, April 30, 2020

Malorie

Malorie by Josh Malerman   320 pages (e-galley)

This is the sequel to Bird Box (which was made into a Netflix film . . . which I did not watch).

When we last saw Malorie in Bird Box, she has led her children to a safe place. Still blindfolded and threatened by the dangerous creatures outside, this sequel to Bird Box focuses exclusively on Malorie and her two children. Now teenagers, her son is especially eager to explore the outside world. When a stranger finds them and tells them of a special Blind Train, and that Malorie's parents are listed as alive, Malorie makes the wrenching decision to leave all that is safe and try to find the train. But once they find this train, will it deliver them to people she loves and to a safer place?

I was intrigued by this story, since I enjoyed Bird Box (and did not watch the Netflix adaptation). While I liked the sense of danger running through this book and the focus on one character and her children, I found the ending of the book to completely unsatisfying. Too many loose ends for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment