Friday, March 25, 2022

For the Wolf (Volume 1 of The Wilderwood Series)

 


Shirley J.                      Adult Fiction                                      Magic, Wolves, Kingdoms

For the Wolf (Volume1 of the Wilderwood Series) by Hannah Whitten   only read 100 pages    

I really wanted to like this series.  It has so many good things going for it, magic, wolves, medieval style kingdoms/realms, but, 100 pages in, I felt like I was going out for steak and ended up with a meat substitute and one that tasted of cardboard.   The book promised to be full of interesting situations and characters, but, to me, the writing was a little wanting.   I found myself daydreaming while I was reading it and had to make myself pay attention to what was on the page, but, then the author lost me and my mind was searching elsewhere for something meaningful because the writing seemed to be missing detail and this book felt like reading somewhere in the middle of the series instead of the very first book.   There just seemed to be a huge chunk of missing substance for me.   Since I was forcing myself to endure what I had really wanted to be an intriguing read, it just was not, so I stopped.  It just feels like more needs to be pumped into it.  Maybe someone else would feel differently.  I stopped reading after I got to page 100 I just couldn't get into it.  I cannot recommend this book because it failed to interest me at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment