Monday, March 14, 2022

I'm Talking As Fast As I Can

 


Shirley J.     Adult Non-Fiction Biography         Her life, acting/gigs, Gilmore Girls 9 years later reboot

I'm Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham  224 pages


Lauren Graham has a down-to-earth girl next door way of speaking and her stories are full of humor.  Her book is almost a stand-up comedy routine in print.   She talks about her life, getting into acting, different gigs she has had along the way, her time on Parenthood and her time on Gilmore Girls and the reboot(s) 9 years after the 7 season running show.   She talks about her co-stars and other celebrities she has met and worked with.   She talks about meeting her husband at an awards show where they were teamed up to present an award.   He asked if they should hold hands walking out on stage so they did, he later asked for her number but after she gave it to him, he didn't call her for 3 months.   When he finally called she was ready to tell him off, but, didn't and went out with him.  They later married.   She talks about her love for her cast mates and how families are formed on set and off.   A good book, I enjoyed it.   It will be of particular interest to Gilmore Girl fans but I think teens on up will enjoy it.  I think Middle Schoolers and younger wouldn't find it as interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment