Saturday, August 31, 2019

Never Have I Ever

Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson    340 pages

If you're going to play the game, you need to know your opponent and cover your weaknesses.  That's what Amy Whey learns when her new neighbor, Roux, appears at at book club one night. Roux's magnetic personality makes all of the other women like her, and when the wine starts flowing, secrets get spilled. However, Amy's wary of Roux and for good reason: when Roux gets her alone, she tells Amy she's going to tell the truth about her unless Amy pays up.

So now, Amy has to figure out how to play this game of cat-and-mouse blackmail with a women who seems to be hiding some hefty secrets of her own.

I thought this book was okay, but not as good as I wanted it to be. There's humor here, but I got bored with the characters pretty quickly and wound up skimming a few times just to see what was going to happen.  I liked that there were twists and turns with the story, but the pacing just didn't catch me, and I didn't find this was a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment