Friday, November 8, 2013

Not Taco Bell Material


Not Taco Bell Material: A Memoir by Adam Carolla, 330 pages
 Adam Carolla is a comedian that came from nothing “house with a dirt lawn” to being a comedian and podcaster. He has hosted tv shows such as Loveline, The Man Show, and a couple others. Having read one of his previous books when I saw this one on the bestseller shelf I knew I had to read it.

In his gritty tell all style of writing Adam reveals in graphic detail the life he had growing up. Filled with tales of fecal horror, comic relief and "tan gents" at times you are unsure whether to keep reading or slam the book shut and pretend you never started. But his raw humor and self-deprecating style of writing is what I found most grabbing. Adam doesn’t tiptoe around issues such as race or affluence disparity and despite this book being a comedy actually provides helpful insights. I recommend this book to everyone that can stand a crude story or ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment