Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Zero Option

Zero Option by P.T. Deutermann, 328 pages

This book came to me via a recommendation on BookPsychic which is a handy new feature on our online catalog. Basically I told it what I like reading and it recommended various other authors to try. When I picked up the first Deutermann book, Sweepers, I was a little apprehensive. But Deutermann and BookPsychic did not fail me. Before I even finished it I was placing a request for the next one, Zero Option.

If you were to combine an outcast detective, missing chemical weapon, massive army cover-up, and a psychic teenager you would have this book. This book has the basic plot that nearly every TV show has done. A weapon is missing and will unleash hell on earth if it is not recovered in time. The hero of the story is a Department of Defense detective who exposed a corruption scandal and got exiled right into the thick of it. Not only is he now in the right place at the right time, he has none of the political reservations that seem to hold everyone else back. As the story unwinds and the cover-ups get larger it makes you question what kind of actions the government would take to hide losing a chemical weapon... If you are looking for an easy reading thriller/suspense novel with a military theme the you should not only look into this book, but others by P.T. Deutermann.

No comments:

Post a Comment