Monday, September 10, 2018

Secret Sisters

Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz        Audio Book: 9 hours, 45 minutes     Paperback Book:  493 pages             

I really wanted to like this book, but, I didn’t.    The story, while bodies piled up and the search was on for a mysterious box with the one clue linking the murderer to the original crime and why.   Two friends since childhood, Madeline and Daphne so close back as kids they joined a group of girls who hailed themselves somewhat like a sororiety only they were too young for that but they were secret sisters as it were and had always kept that going even to the present day when all hell broke loose and they were in fear for their lives.    Having been parted for years the death of Madeline’s grandmother and her inheiritance of a broken down hotel brings her back to decide whether to sell it or keep it.   Daphne still living in the same town and Madeline end up getting together and it was like they had never parted though they hadn’t seen each other for 20 years.    My favorite character was the security sleuth kind of P.I. Jack Rayner and his brother, who is a whiz with technology.   The story drags on way too long and even with the murders and fearing for their lives, I could have slept through it.    I almost let this book go, it promises to be interesting but it just wasn’t.    Like expecting meat and getting bouillion flavored filler instead it was like that.   Maybe my expectations were too high, but, this book, to me was a dud.    I forced myself to continue with it to the end, but, it wasn’t easy.   It was like force feeding yourself soggy bread.   It was not to my taste.   The few good parts did not outweigh the incredibly bland and boring parts.   I would not recommend this book to anyone unless they were a die hard fan of Jayne Ann Krentz and just wanted to read it to be sure they could say they had read everything by her.   It held such promise being a New York Times Bestseller and all, but, it did not hold my interest at all.   It seemed really slow and when something that should have been exciting happened it just seemed to be absorbed by the dull parts.   I tried to like it but, I would not recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment