Friday, March 22, 2019

Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #1)

Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #1) by Louise Penny  293 pages

"Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Sûreté du Québec and his team of investigators are called in to the scene of a suspicious death in a rural village south of Montréal and yet a world away. Jane Neal, a long-time resident of Three Pines, has been found dead in the woods. The locals are certain it's a tragic hunting accident and nothing more but Gamache smells something foul this holiday season…and is soon certain that Jane died at the hands of someone much more sinister than a careless bowhunter."  (per Goodreads)

After years of doing Reader's Advisory and talking to people about what they're reading, it's taken me a really long time to get around to Louise Penny.  And I can't believe it took me this long!!

I don't tend to read a lot of mysteries, although I have certain mystery authors that I read every one of their books.  I really enjoyed this book and plan to work my way through the series. I appreciated that there was a sense of humor to parts of the book, and Penny has created a great character in Gamache (as well as some wonderful supporting characters in this story).  I liked that I wasn't sure about who had killed Jane Neal, or why, and this book's steady pace made for a really good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment