Thursday, April 11, 2019

Please Bury Me in the Library


Please Bury Me in the Library by J. Patrick Lewis; illustrated by Kyle M. Stone  32 pages
 As I was sauntering through the St. Louis Public Library the other day, the title and cover art of this book caught my eye. Before I was able to pluck it from the shelf, I was already rethinking my decision to be cremated when my time comes. However, realizing that this would never be possible, I simply walked to the Issue Desk and checked it out.

I was expecting a little story of a mouse (after all that is the critter on the cover) who loved to read and seldom ventured outside the library’s walls.  The critter was at home in the shelves of all the various genres and subject. Imagine my surprise when I finally opened the cover and found a delightful little book of poetry (and considering that it’s April and National Poetry Month, it seemed like destiny).

Inside are 15 delightful, humorous poems that made me smile. My absolute favorite is the title poem, as I believe that being buried in the library would be its own paradise.  “Please Bury Me in the Library receives 5 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world.

No comments:

Post a Comment