Monday, April 29, 2019

Why Don't You Write My Eulogy Now So I Can Correct It?: A Mother's Suggestions

Why Don't You Write My Eulogy Now So I Can Correct It?: A Mother's Suggestions by Patricia Marx,  Roz Chast (Illustrations)    112 pages

Just in time for Mother's Day coming up in a few weeks!!

Patty Marx' mother knows better than other mothers.  Patty has never been able to shake her mother's one-liners from her mind, so she collected them into this book, illustrated by Roz Chast (one of my favorite New Yorker cartoonists).  These witticisms include gems like If you feel guilty about throwing away leftovers, put them in the back of your refrigerator for five days and then throw them out.

 This is a funny little book and it made me think of some of the things my own mother has said over the years.  She's never said "Write my eulogy now so I can correct it," but she has given plenty of advice over the years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment