Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin                       Audio Book 37 hours and 18 minutes      Hardback Book:  768 pages                 


The second book in the Song of Fire and Ice series.     This book was just as magnificent as the first.    Wow!   What a great series.   I cannot get enough of it.    I am Jonesing for the next book already and I have only just finished this one.   The story continues with Dany’s dragons getting a little bigger and learning how to use their fire power to protect their Mom, Tyrion a true and just leader shows  his courage and rallies the troops in battle.   I love his wit and he is certainly my favorite male character in the series.    I would that he were made king.     Dany being my favorite female character.    Arya is a close second, I admire her skills with a sword and her feistiness.    I truly like Sansa, too, though she went down in my esteem when she didn’t tell the truth about King Joffrey attacking her sister’s friend and ended up costing her wolf her life in the first book.      I was mad at Sansa for a long time and felt the mean things that happen to her now are retribution.  The Stark children are so spread out and I feel so sorry for all of them and I include John Snow in the Stark children.   Life is so hard and George R.R. Martin captures all of the hardship in life in each of his characters because no one in his story is insulated from despair even the “Kings” all have their own hardships as well.   A blend of history, magic, sorcery, strength and great characters in a story you will come away feeling like you lived it too from the writer’s vivid descriptions.   George R.R. Martin has created a world so real you will come away feeling the cold of the Wall, the horror of the savagery and the gallantry of the spirit of those fighting for right in a world of upheaval.    Describing this series in one word as I said at the beginning of this blog – magnificent.   

No comments:

Post a Comment