Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Copycat

Copycat by Kimberla Lawson Roby Book 181 pages

CopycatThis is a book about a woman named Simone, who as a result of her troubling past, mimics the lives of certain successful people around her. This causes no end of drama and so goes the story. This book was not Roby's best, but it was still an okay read. I felt like the ending wasn't as conclusive as it could have been, there were a few too many "maybes" for my taste. I am glad it wasn't a long book because I"m not sure it would have been as easy to read as a longer book. Really the one word that comes to mind with this book is fine. The plot was fine, the characters were fine and so on. There were some page-turning moments, but I wouldn't say the whole book is that way. For me, I like when characters go to the very edge of sanity, the crazier the better. That was not the case in this book. Don't get me wrong Simone did some crazy things, but it could have been crazier. I'm from the "go big or go home" school of thought and I know Roby is capable of some very "big" writing (see Curtis Black series). I would recommend this book, but with the caveat that it isn't as dramatic as other books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment