Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Ghosts Of Heaven

TheGhosts Of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick, 359 pages

"Four linked stories of discovery and survival begin with a Paleolithic-era girl who makes the first written signs, continue with Anna, who people call a witch, then a mad twentieth-century poet who watches the ocean knowing the horrors it hides, and concluding with an astronaut on the first spaceship from Earth sent to colonize another world."  Sedgwick's stories are always odd.  Sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't.  I liked this book, although it's definitely not my favorite.  The second and third stories were my favorites in this collection however.  I didn't really like the fourth story, except as how it tied into the other stories.  Sedgwick tends to meander around his point so that his books are more work and less fun.  If I'm reading for pleasure I'm not really looking to work that hard at understanding what's happening.  That being said, teens who like off-the-wall stories that have a science fiction bent toward them, might enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment