Thursday, March 30, 2017

March Book Two

MarchBook Two by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin & Nate Powell, 187 pages

This is the second book in the March trilogy.  This graphic rendition of the Civil Rights movement is very powerful and I'm not sorry that I've spent the time reading it but I can't say that it's been one of my favorite books.  I'm sure  that the graphic format will entice people to read it who may not otherwise read much information about this era in history and the story and illustrations are well done.  This just isn't my favorite format.  Many people will be much more moved because of the illustrations, which are stark and designed to cause a rise of emotions.  I think it's a great piece of work that will have a serious impact on the world.  I appreciate it but didn't personally like it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment