Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Wicked Will Rise

The Wicked Will Rise by D.M. Paige, 293 pages

“Amy's job as assassin didn't work out as planned. Dorothy is still alive. The Order has vanished. And the home she couldn't wait to leave behind might be in danger.”  This is the second book in the Dorothy Must Dies series, an alternative sequel to The Wizard of Oz.  Many beloved characters are evil in the series, while many wicked characters are, if not exactly good, much less evil than they seemed.  This series has an interesting premise and is a well-written, good story, but I’m not sure if I actually like it.  It’s very hard to see characters that I loved from the original series act the way they do in this one.  However, I’ll read to the series end at this point, because I want to know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment