Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Magnolia Story

The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines (with Mark D'Agostino)  208 pages

I am a devoted watcher of the HGTV show Fixer Upper.  So, when I saw that Chip and Joanna Gaines had a book out, I was curious.  Apparently, I wasn't the only one; I was on hold for this book for weeks!

This memoir was about what I expected, written in a conversational tone, with enough detail to keep it interesting, without making it feel like there were so many details that it became dry.  It was interesting to read about the Gaines' beginning years, and all of the business experience that Chip has. While I really like their design aesthetic, what keeps me watching the show is the dynamic between the two of them. They really seem honest and honestly connected to each other, and completely real. After reading this book, I felt like not only did I know more about them, but I really appreciate how much hard work they put in to their businesses, and how connected they are to their community.  There's some inspiration here, I think, for just about anyone, even if you have no idea who these people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment