Monday, July 24, 2017

Sin of a Woman

Sin of A WomanSin of a Woman by Kimerla Lawson Roby - Book 297 pages
This book is the latest in the Curtis Black Series. Raven is the (self-called) pastor of a megachurch in Mitchell, IL, where Pastor Black also lives, and her current success is not enough for her. She aims to make an even bigger name for herself and if she has to step on several people along the way, so be it. Porsha is associate minister at Raven's church and Raven thinks she's gotten too big for her britches. The story is about these 2 women who while both being unscrupulous, one decides to turn away from greed and lust and the other runs faster toward it. How will their choices affect their lives and the lives of those around them?

I enjoyed this book like I did all the Curtis Black books I've read. This book wasn't short on drama and I'm always glad when a book has a lot going on but not too much, because there is such a thing as too much. Most of the characters were engaging, but there was a lot of repetition in certain areas, such as what they would say to justify adultery or fornication, it was the same as I read in other books, that's not necessarily the author's fault, but I wish there would have been some originality there. I am a fan of Roby's dialogue, it never sounds bland or unrealistic, I can genuinely hear the characters saying, yelling or whispering those words to each other. All in all, Sin of a Woman makes me eager to read the next Curtis Black novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment