Monday, July 24, 2017

The Grimm Legacy

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman                Audio Book: 9 hours, 19 minutes     Hardback Book: 336 pages                

Good book.    The first in the Grimm Legacy Series.   Fun book.   I am a fan of fairy tales and definetly a fan of magic so I was intrigued with this book from the get-go.    I love the premise of this story and it kept me rapt from beginning to end.    How cool is the idea of there being a repository of all of the enchanted items from the Grimm’s Fairy Tales?    And even better that young people could get jobs at the repository as Pages?   Too fun.    The repository is more like the Smithsonian from the way it sounds, sort of a museum of everything you can think of with the story built around that specific “special collection” because as we all know every one of us reading this story would be riding on that flying carpet, trying on all those magical shoes and boots doing our magic thing with every ounce of teenage curiosity and bravado in our bodies.  I didn’t know this was a series when I read the book but have since found out it is so I will certainly be checking these characters out in the next installment – the story is that good.   For a fun read I do recommend this story.   The characters are portrayed realistically speaking in the vernacular not in swooney oohs and ahhhhs.    A good tale,  I think Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm would be proud of the way Ms. Shulman brings them into the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment