Thursday, July 27, 2017

Waiting For You

Waiting For You by Susane Colasanti, 322 pages

Fifteen-year-old high school sophomore Marisa, who has an anxiety disorder, decides that this is the year she will get what she wants--a boyfriend and a social life--but things do not turn out exactly the way she expects them to.”  I didn’t feel like this was Colasanti’s best work.  It was the very typical teen romance and was extremely focused on the “woe is me, when will someone love me and if someone does, how can I keep him” aspect.  A lot of this book felt whiny and it was annoying.  The anxiety disorder added some interesting bits and I wish there had been a little more of that and maybe more focus on the friend who keeps trying to date older boys and getting involved with people online.  More about those dangers might have improved the story.  I feel like she’s done better teen romance than this. This would definitely not be my first choice of an introduction to this type of work.  For a teen who loves romance, this would be an ok pick though.

No comments:

Post a Comment