Friday, July 7, 2017

The Boy on the Bridge

The Boy on the Bridge by M. R. Carey    Audio Book:   13 hours, 1 minute        Hardback Book:   400 pages

What is the fascination with zombies?    Or in this book, “Hungries”?     Of all the monsters out there flesh eating dead or a hybrid thereof just never did it for me.    O.k. I do love Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,”  but those animated corpses are just out having a good time, they aren’t eating the living.     Funky, rotting dead things that seek to chow down on human happy meals just aren’t appealing to me, though a blood sucking vampire is certainly a turn-on, blame it on my Romanian roots,  I have my standards.   I surprised myself picking this title given the subject matter, but, all in all, the story is very well-written.   Kind of a knock-off of the “Walking Dead” but this story is told from a completely scientific/military setting rather than civilians dealing with “Walkers.”    Zombiefiles will really like this story and me as a non-Zombiefile thought it is a good story if a little overdone – geez!   Zombies are everywhere from Musicals to toys to t.v. to the Internet and all the many books, comic books and media in between.    And Mr. Carey did a fine job with telling his take on zombies, viral afflictions and the military response in a world gone rabid.       Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment