Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Testing Trilogy

Cover image for The Testing, Independent Study and Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau, (3 books - 945 pages)

This series was recommended to me while I was reading similar books like Hunger Games, Affinities, and one other I cannot remember right now. It is very much in that same vain. In a dystopia future, where the world has been ravaged by war, only the best and brightest are allowed to attend college, and establish themselves in good careers or politics. When Cia Vale and Tomas are selected from Five Lakes, the first candidates in many years, they are elated. Or at least Cia is until her father warns her of a sinister aspect of the tests.

I hate to say it, but the best thing about these books were how fast they read. Meaning I did not spend much time on them, allowing me to read something better. Now my opinion might be bias because I am not a young adult, the intended audience, and have read lots of books that have portrayed this story archetype better. I am not saying that this was all bad. It just seemed flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment