Thursday, July 5, 2018

Family Book: Five Family Lessons from Geese




Family Book: Five Family Lessons From Geese by Andre Philip   68 pages
I must have completely misunderstood when author Andre Philip asked me to review his book, Family Book: Five Family Lessons From Geese. I thought I would be reading five essays on how each lesson reflected in a flock of geese---a narrative that would engage me and illustrate how families---human or animal---are basically the same.  I thought I would see tips in the narratives on how to keep families better connected---without technology.

This little book is about as far from that scenario as it can be. The first seventeen pages are the lessons, followed by facts about geese. Nothing inspired or noteworthy. In fact, if all the text on those pages flowed together, they probably wouldn’t amount to more than five pages. The rest of the book is nothing more than a glorified address book with little room to write about favorite memories or stories.

I was extremely disappoint in “Family Book: Five Family Lessons From Geese,” which receives 1 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world.




No comments:

Post a Comment