Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis, 206 pages

Cover image for The Lion, the Witch and the WardrobeLucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter are all stuck in a sprawling mansion, and everything's kind of boring until Lucy crawls in a closet and finds out that it leads to another world where animals speak, magic is real, there's an evil witch, a talking lion, and most unbelievably- Turkish Delight is delicious (blech).  I never read this, as a child or otherwise, but I'm clearly revisiting some of the classics of childhood, and this was available on Overdrive as an audiobook, so there you go.  I'll be honest- I think this is an okay book, but it really didn't resonate with me, and there were some gender issues that made me kind of roll my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment