Wednesday, November 30, 2016

At Risk

At Risk by S. G. Redling  Audiobook:  6 hours 51 minutes; Book:  240 pages    

Colleen grew up wealthy and pampered as a member of a prominent family in Lexington, Kentucky. However, she was unprepared for how cruel her first husband could be.  Although she's moving on, she still bears the physical and emotional scars.  Patrick McElroy has scars of his own from his traumatic childhood, but with a business partner has created a state-of-the-art home for at-risk youth. When Colleen gets involved in finding a missing girl, she soon discovers that she's uncertain about the girl's disappearance and unsure of who she can really trust.
       

I have to say, I am now a fan of the writing style of S. G. Redling.    This is the first of her books that I have read but she has such an excellent grasp of who her characters are and conveys that so well in her writing.    You get to know these folks,  you can picture them in your mind.   To me, that is always the sign of a good writer when the author can make me so vested in the story that I actually like or dislike the people within the tale being told.   S. G. Redling did just that.    Set in Lexington, Kentucky a mix of old money, new money, people from both sides of the track, those born to the finer things in life mixing with those whose past reveals more and more as the story goes on.    Great plot twists and if a writer can surprise me that is a sweet bonus that will keep me reading their works and looking up every title they have written which is what I am about to do with S. G. Redling.    She keeps you in suspense because you know good and well something is coming but when it does it is such a genius plot twist you will say a minor swear word, or maybe that was just me.    Well done, S. G. Redling.    I am on to your other works.   

No comments:

Post a Comment