Monday, November 28, 2016

The Girl in 6E

The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre.  344 pages.

Deanna hasn't left her apartment in years. Thanks to the Internet, she's able to earn a good living as an online sex-cam worker. However, while you might assume that she doesn't leave her apartment because she's an agoraphobic, you'd be mistaken.  She doesn't leave her apartment because she believes that her desire to kill people would be overwhelming.
However, when she is faced with an online client who seems like he may harm someone in real life, Deanna has to decide if her secrets are more important than trying to save someone's life.

I found the premise of the book to be interesting, although I found I sometimes skimmed a bit because I felt the pacing was uneven.  I did like the character of Deanna, and that the author created someone who is very flawed, but still compelling (in a don't want to look but can't help yourself kind of way). The book had a satisfying ending, although I'm not sure how realistic it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment