Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Stillwell: A Haunting on Long Island

Stillwell: A Haunting on Long Island by Michael Phillip Cash   174 pages

I’m a big fan of Michael Phillip Cash’s. He’s one of those wonderful writers no one knows in the paranormal/fantasy genre. I first read Stillwell back in 2013, but never got around to writing my review. I recently picked it up again so I could write the promised review.

I am glad I re-read this little gem. I like a good ghost story, and Cash never fails to deliver.  I especially like his paranormal stories.

Paul Russo is trying to get his life---and his kids’ lives---back to normal following the death of his wife, Allison. It was a quick. Relatively. Six months ago Allison was diagnosed with cancer, and now she’s gone. Thank God he has sister, his parents, and his in-laws to help.

His career as a real estate agent is in shambles. Leads that came in while Allison was sick eventually went to someone else. There is one bright spot. His old friend Craig Andrews needs to sell his parents’ Long Island mansion, Stillwell Manor. The commission on a $20 million dollar sale could put his finance back in order.

Stillwell won’t be an easy sell, though. It’s the site of a murder-suicide. The cleaners did a remarkable job, but the stigma attached is hard to overcome. There’s also something else happening.

There are rumors that the house is haunted. Local police believe it’s kids, but soon Paul discovers that no humans are involved in what is happening at Stillwell.

Can’t giveaway anymore ‘cause that would give away a great read. Very realistic. I couldn’t read fast enough. Be prepared to sleep with the lights on. Thankfully it’s a short read that can be completed in a couple of evenings.

I give Stillwell: A Haunting on Long Island 5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment