Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Shelf Life

Shelf Life: Fantastic Stories Celebrating Bookstores.  304 pages.

This anthology of 16 stories, fourteen original to this anthology, includes bookstores at the core of each story.  Authors included are Ramsey Campbell, Charles de Lint, Nini Kiriki Hoffman, and others.

I was already familiar with some of the authors, but had never heard of others.  This is something I like about books of short stories, because I never know who I'll discover.  While I didn't love all of the stories in this book (which I actually found on the shelf when I was looking for a different book), I found some of them to be enjoyable and thought-provoking.  Some are lighter than others, and generally speaking, all of them fall into the horror, science fiction or fantasy genres.  Definitely an interesting find in Center for the Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment