Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Wild Robot Escapes

The Wild Robot Escapes by Peter Brown     288 pages

After being captured by the Recons and returned to civilization for reprogramming, Roz is sent to Hilltop Farm where she befriends her owner's family and animals, but pines for her son, Brightbill.

A great follow-up to The Wild Robot! This book ties up all the loose ends and completes the story of Roz and her quest to find home.

I loved this book just a tiny bit less that the first book. But I still enjoyed it immensely. Having gone to a author event with Peter Brown, I know that he recommends considering both books as one story. I would definitely recommend reading them back-to-back, or, if you're going on a long car trip, listen to the audiobooks back to back.

I will say, they use different narrators for the books, and I preferred the reader for the first book. I am someone who despises inconsistency, and I don't know what the reasons were behind having a different voice actor read the second book, but it was one of the only things I didn't enjoy. That being said, both are well read and done well.

I would highly recommend this book - it's adventurous, it's full of great characters, and it tells a beautiful story about family and what does it mean to feel (especially if you're a robot). 

No comments:

Post a Comment