Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Book of Bad Songs

Cover image for Dave Barry's book of bad songs / by Dave Barry.Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs by Dave Barry, 94 pages

The first couple pages warn everyone not to read this book. That this book is dangerous and will get horrible songs stuck in your head. So I stopped there and returned the book. Just kidding, I read the book and was quite disappointed. Which just goes to show you should follow all warning signs.

My disappointment stems from the fact that I had never heard of about 70% of the songs that he mentions. Does this imply that I only listen to good music, or just that these songs were so bad they never really got much air time. Either way it really took me out of the book when he is talking about how horrible the lyrics are in a song I have never heard of.

Barry was able to accomplish one thing though. As he warned he did get a song or two stuck in my head but neither were ones that I had previously considered bad. While Barry does have some humorous one liners and jokes, I wouldn't recommend reading this.

1 comment: