Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Prodigy

Prodigy by Marie Lu, 371 pages

This is the second book in the Legend series. I hadn’t read the first book when I picked this up and started reading it before I realized it was part of a series. Enough background information is given at the beginning to make the story understandable, but I think it would have been better if I had read them in order. June and Day are on the run from the authorities after June helped day escape execution. June, who was a Republic soldier, has come to realize that the Republic is not what she thought. She and Day are seeking help from the Patriots, a rebel organization that is trying to reunite the United States. Day has been injured and is trying to find his younger brother, Eden. They hope that the Patriots will help them, as they have few resources, despite the fact that Day always refused to join them before. The Patriots do agree to help, for a price. They plan to assassinate the Elector Primo, and demand that June and day help with the plot. I liked this dystopian novel and think that a lot of teens would as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment